- With the growing concern of COVID-19 cases and deaths in are Mariposa county, a snapshot survey was taken during the October 17 in-person worship service. The purpose of this survey was to compare the County statistics of cases and vaccinated persons with a weekly in-person worship experience.
Out of the 31 persons surveyed, 97% of the total congregation had been vaccinated.
Please note that this is a worship experience that continues to include taking pandemic precaution measures of temperature checks, mask-wearing, online recording music for congregational singing and reasonable physical distancing.Our Virtual Worship Continues
- The link for the service is sent via email by Saturday.Kingdomtide
- We are finishing up the Christian season of Kingdomtide, a Methodist invented season spurring on the church working to bring in God's Kingdom on earth as it is in heaven. When Kingdomtide ends on November 21st, the first season of the Christian year begins with Advent on November 28. We change liturgical colors from Kingdomtide green to Advent purple.Sunday Morning Sanctuary Worship continues at 9:30am
- This includes seating downstairs in the Sanctuary Fellowship Hall where the worship service can be seen live from the sanctuary via television. Thank you for your ministry in making the sanctuary a healthy, safe and worshipful place to be God's Church together in-person.In Appreciation
- Thank you so much, to those "teams" that help provide for our YouTube and In-Person worship services, including those that work behind-the-scenes, with video production, sound, music, liturgy, decoration of our sanctuary, ushering and audio-visual. If you are interested in ministering with these behind-the-scenes ministries, please contact the office or these Team Leaders directly.Interdenominational Laity-Led Worship
The Sunday noontime 10-15-minute interdenominational Laity-led worship service continues at Idle Wheels. This group gathers on Breeze Way for a brief worship time concluding with the Lord's Prayer.
A typical worship service at Mariposa United Methodist church may include a greeting and opening prayer, time for people to greet each other, scripture readings, silent prayer and meditation, an offering, the Lord's Prayer, a children's message, the sermon, special music and hymns, and a closing prayer.
Our Sunday morning service at 9:30 is a traditional service that incorporates traditional and modern music. We welcome special music offered by our members, including our very own Open Hearts Blue Grass Band. We seek to have Christ centered services focused on prayer and Bible based messages.
Communion may also be served. All are invited to celebrate communion, but you can choose whether or not you wish to participate.
We will print words and responses in the bulletins to help those who are unfamiliar with United Methodist worship.
Visit our Directions page for maps and directions to our church.
If you would like more information about worship at Mariposa UMC please contact us via our online form or call the church office at 209.966.3419.